The number 1. Social media platform for job seekers to use and get noticed is Linkedin.
Linkedin is paramount value to you and is the epitome of social media for professionals.
Most recruitment agencies and Human Resources Divisions now search for potential hires on the various social media especially Linkedin and search for selected candidates by name.
So how do you do it? Here are 5 Tips to help you enhance your Linkedin presence to attract the right type of traffic.
- Ensure that your Linkedin profile correctly identifies you.
- Add as much information as possible in the fields provided. This will aid recruiters and other Linkedin members to come across your business profile in Linkedin search results.
- Use as many buzz keywords as possible relative to the work you are experienced in, bearing in mind keywords that recruiters would use when searching to find suitable Linkedin profiles that could potentially match yours.
- Have a professional image displayed on your professional profile rather than one where you attended a friends party. Remember, first impressions count in the realm of using social media for job seeking.
- Get good recommendations on Linkedin from current and past employers/colleagues. Never ask your friends or other random Linkedin connections to give you recommendations if you have never worked with them.
Give your Linkedin profile attention – it’s worth it!
Blog by Daniela Bascelli (Social Media and Digital Marketing Strategist | Trainer at Onyx Digital Team). Follow Daniela on Twitter: @danielabascelli and follow the team @onyxdigitalteam. For more information on our upcoming social media training and service offerings, please contact us.